It was Dan’s 10th birthday, and Paula had booked a Family Bushcraft Session at Castle Bromwich Gardens, a rural site in the city specialising in events.
Puala, Dan, Mila and I (Geoff) took part but pressure of work (University Clearing) meant that Rich couldn’t make it. Three other families also took part.
The children were involved and guided in:
- What to gather which is of use in survival in the wild
- Hut building from tree branches and leaves
- Use of a sharp knife to create tools from branches
- creating a fire without matches, etc.
Dan had done his homework and had studied his book “Boys Book of Survival” and, helpfully, used his knowledge to prompt the event leader to make sure he mentioned important aspects.
The children were given the opportunity to try out all activities and enthusiastically enjoyed doing so.
To view photos in the gallery below:
1. View a larger version of a single image in a separate page – Right Click on the image then Left Click on “Open link in new tab” or “Open link in new window”.
2. Display an enlarged gallery – Left Click on an image – use the large side arrows to move between images – Left Click outside an image or press ESC to close the enlarged gallery